- 1 jar diced tomatoes (I like the organic Kirkland brand)- for an extra kick get the RoTel with chiles
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno
- Handful of cilantro, juice of half of a lime
- Salt (also a sprinkle of cumin or Mrs.Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning is tasty)
- In a mini chopper, add onion and the juice from the canned tomatoes (just strain into chopper). Pulse until in small bits. Add jalapeno. Pulse again.
- Now add tomatoes and pulse for about 30 seconds. Finish with cilantro and lime juice. Pulse until blended.
- Put into a bowl and season with salt!
That’s it! SO tasty and people will never know it’s from canned tomatoes. It will last about 5 days in the fridge, although it never makes it for more than 1 day in our house!
Fun add ins:
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/2 can of drained and rinsed black beans
You can serve with store bought chips, or bake your own!
What you need:
- 1 package of corn tortillas (we like Mission ultra thin the best)
- Cooking Spray
- Heat oven to 375
- Slice tortilla into triangles. I like to make 10 chips out of each tortilla.
- Place a cooling rack on of a cookie sheet. Spray chips lightly with Pam and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 6-8 minutes. These go from golden to burnt quickly, so keep your eye on them!
FYI: If you are on Weight Watchers, it’s only 1 point for 10 chips! Since the salsa is 0 points, this is a great snack!
(This post may contain affiliate, referral links or have been paid. Please see the disclosure policy.)